Friday, November 19, 2010

Photography Workshop

Today, I had the privilege of spending the entire day in a photography workshop with Val Westover and Stephanie Adriana. First, I’d like to thank Groupon because I would not have dreamed of paying full price for the workshop. Groupon made it extremely affordable and motivated me to go for it. Second, I have to thank my wonderful husband for taking the day off work to manage our three children while I spent the day engrossed in my own personal hobby. He’s the best!

The first half of the day was spent in a hotel conference room learning all about how to take photograph – mostly technical stuff with a few pointers on composition. The second half of the day was spent on hotel grounds practicing everything we learned. The teachers would give an“assignment” and we’d scatter and practice. They were available for questions and interacting with other students helped as well.

I really tried to spend my time getting the technical stuff down while I had access to the teachers. The artistic part will come with confidence and practice…I hope. Mostly, I'm just incredibly proud that I took all of these photos with manual settings.

I’m thrilled I had the opportunity to do this and am very satisfied the entire workshop. Elise 140Elise 270Elise 289Elise 303Elise 342Elise 371

No comments: