Friday, July 2, 2010

Sweet Rewards


We had a long day yesterday with field trips to both Tombstone and Bisbee. Overall, we had a nice time.
However, the exceptional part of the day had nothing to do with the activities. Everyone was overtired, hot and cranky - especially by the end of the day. The whining and crying got a little bit intense at times from the 2 year old and the baby. But my dear, sweet 5 year old really pulled through for me. She never whined or complained once all day, remained cheerful and joyful, showed charity and compassion toward her sisters and remained calm. In the evening while driving back to Phoenix, I thanked her for her behavior. She smiled and said "You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do to help, Mom?"
It was one of those moments that made my heart sing and reminded me that all of this hard work is worth so much. Happy Mama!

No comments: