Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Smelling Like a Rose...


I have been taking on online photography course. I know virtually nothing about photography, so most of my instructor's critiques are lists of things I've done incorrectly. I don't mind too much because I'm actually learning something. So far, there has been only one exception - a photo I submitted for the macro lesson. This made my week!
Here is my instructor's critique:

"I think your picture of the rose is really beautiful. Even though I would have used a little more depth of field (and a tripod), I love you how you filled the frame with color, the soft lighting was ideal, the lovely colors go great together, and the overall composition is superb. Out of focus backgrounds are usually acceptable, although out of focus foreground are not Desirable in almost every case (although there are exceptions). In this case, you correctly focused on the foreground. Well done."

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nice picture! :) Good job.