Monday, March 12, 2012

Nun Run 2012





A group of Poor Clares in Tonopah, AZ have been raising money to build their monastery. Three years ago, they started the Nun Run to help them with that goal. Due to scheduling conflicts we missed the first two, but were determined to make it this year.

What a fun event! A great community of people, beautiful weather and a fun course at Kiwanis Park made for a great time. We saw lots of people from school and church as well as priests and nuns from around the valley. And yes, the nuns run too....in their habits!

Micah ran the 10K while pushing #2 and #3 in a double jogging stroller. I ran the 5K while pushing #1 and #4. #1 jumped in and out of the stroller to alternate running along with me and resting while I pushed. I'm not a runner at all, so I was pleased that all my working out lately had paid off and I had a really nice run with not a lot of pain. I placed within the top 50% of my age group which is a pretty big deal for me.

We look forward to doing this event again.

No comments: