Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dirty 6






This morning we all headed over to Rawhide for the Dirty 6 Mud Run. I think the name says it all, but just in case it doesn't - it is a 6 (Micah says closer to 7) mile run through 9 obstacles including a wall of water, river crossings, slip 'n' slide and mud pits. Micah did this run last year and was pumped up to do it again.
After the 6 mile race, kids 14 and under were able to do a 1 mile run that ended in the mud pit at the finish line. #1 and #2 were all too excited to participate in this event. Unfortunately, as I was getting all set up to take some great shots of my girls in the mud, the fire department thought it would be hilarious to spray the pit and crowd with a large fire hose. I had to cover my brand new camera and get my infant daughter out of the line of fire - FAST. I am so disappointed that I have no pictures of the girls in the race.
I also made a very unfortunate, last minute decision to not use my telephoto lens during the main race, so I do not have any close ups of Micah in the mud pit. Next year, I hope to be much more prepared.

2 comments:

Julie said...

super fun!

Jen said...

Let me know when they're doing it again...it looks like lots of fun!