Monday, March 21, 2011

I love my toes!


I recently discovered how much I take my toes for granted. I never realized how much I use them until I broke one. :-(

The other night, I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. Still half asleep, I kicked the metal frame of a baby bouncer on my way back to bed. It has been sitting in the exact same spot out of normal traffic patterns for over a year....I have no excuse other than being asleep.

I immediately knew I broke it, but since I was still asleep, I just climbed back into bed. For the rest of the night, all of my dreams revolved around broken toes. It was quite bizarre, but I'm guessing it was triggered by the pain. In the morning, in those moments between wake and sleep, I tried my hardest to will it away and prayed with all my might that it was nothing but bad dreams. Alas, when I finally woke up, without removing the covers, I knew my toe was broken.

There is pretty much nothing that can be done for a broken toe. I taped it to it's next door neighbor and all I can do is wait....maybe 4-6 weeks. The pain is pretty severe (especially when I tripped this morning). Mostly, I'm just really frustrated that can hardly walk and will have to miss/modify my workout/yoga routine that I've come to depend on. The recumbent bike sounds the most promising, but I might just go crazy.

The older girls have been very compassionate and helpful, not wanting me to walk around too much. The baby - well, she hasn't mastered the art of compassion yet. God bless her as she runs away from me!

Take care of your toes!

No comments: