Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My baby is 1!!!


Our sweet baby girl recently celebrated her first birthday. I can't believe a whole year has passed already.




One of the things I love most about being a parent is watching their little personalities develop. They have such distinct personalities from their moment of conception and it's fun to see early characteristics become what defines them as they age.




This particular child has one very prominent trait that is making her famous all around town. Somehow, she is able to channel Houdini in all his greatness. I should check out my ancestory to see if he's a distant cousin.




This girl is an escape artist. She has learned how to open baby gates to chase any one of us up the stairs. She learned to unlock the cupboards to get to their interesting contents. She is out the dog door or on top of cabinets. She can shimmy up trash cans to get on top of counter tops. I continue to find her in her sister's top bunk. It is only by the grace of God I'm able to keep her in a grocery cart. If you open a door, she is through it before you even realize she's there. She is silent, stealthy and FAST. I have never in my life seen skills like these. Even her caretakes at the gym told me without any prompting or info from me - "She is our little escape artist. We have a really hard time keeping her where she is supposed to be."




I'm so excited to see how this trait develops over the years. I imagine her as a talented problem solver. Time will tell.

No comments: